Queensland, Australia: From reef to rainforest: an Indigenous immersion (5 Days)
- Duration: 5 Days (approx.)
- Product code: PFLKSF
- 4 nights at three star hotels (twin share)
- The unique experience of “A day in the life of the Indigenous” in Cairns - a powerful cultural immersion and #EmpowermentTourism project
- Ground transportation in a comfortable, air conditioned coach
- Local tour experience leader throughout the journey
- A day on the boat exploring the Great Barrier Reef, including snorkelling
- A dreamtime walk through the impressive Mossman Gorge, part of the Daintree Rainforest
- One hour art workshop at Janbal Gallery, learning traditional and modern Aboriginal painting techniques
- Breakfast and lunch daily and three delicious dinners
This activity-packed long weekend is ideal for friends, families and couples to discover the very best of Cairns and Port Douglas over four nights and five days.
With two nights in both destinations, we provide an exciting and all-encompassing overview of what makes this one of Australia's premier hot-spots. Of course, the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree rainforest are the stars in far north Queensland, but this tour packs in so much more.
We take you on a journey which includes a Dreamtime walk through Mossman Gorge, learning how Indigenous locals use nature's materials in artwork, medicine and day to day life and embark on a one-hour Aboriginal art workshop to learn both traditional and modern techniques.
The highlight of this tour is the incredible chance for “A day in the life of the Indigenous,” which we carefully crafted with the local Nintiringanyi community and allows a cultural exchange while creating employment opportunities. From traditional cooking methods to age-old dances, prepare to learn more about Australia's rich cultural history on this enriching experience.
*Family Deal - 2 Adults and 2 Children (please note Special Family of 4 package consists of 2 Adults and 2 children under 8 years old)